Ed, have your read these posts? You will also find a lot more on hermeneutics here.
- The battle between theology and history for the soul of the church: 24 antitheses
- Theology, narrative and history: how they work in practice
- Towards a useful narrative-historical theology
- The narrative premise of a post-Christendom theology
- Theology and history and Jesus as the culmination of Israel’s story
- Dogmas, doctrines, opinions, and narratives
- Reading the Old Testament as a Christian
- A couple more problems with the narrative-historical premise. Will it never end?